This World Animal Day (4th October 2017), we are celebrating this special day, which aims to improve animal welfare standards around the world, by inviting you to share photos of your pet with us and sending them over to be judged by renowned British photographer, Rankin.
Rankin will choose winners from three categories including; ‘Golden Oldies‘, ‘Best Selfie‘ and ‘Perfect Pawtrait‘, and an overall winner.
How to Enter:
- Take a photo of your pet to celebrate World Animal Day.
- Choose a category from ‘Golden Oldies’, ‘Best Selfie’ and/or ‘Perfect Pawtrait’.
- Share the photos with us using the hashtag #WADcomp on Twitter (@themayhew), Instagram (@themayhew) or Facebook (@mayhew) to be in with a chance of your photo being picked as the winner by Rankin, as well as being the cover star of our spring magazine next year.
The winners from each category will win a goody bag and the overall winner’s photo will feature on the cover of our spring magazine next year.
Photos will be judged by renowned photographer, Rankin. Photo Credit: © Rankin
World Animal Day (WAD) is a global event to speak up for animals that have no voice and to improve welfare standards around the world. And that is exactly what we do at Mayhew both in the UK and overseas. We think animals deserve to be celebrated, so why not show how much they mean to you by sharing a photo with us.
Rankin will choose winners for each category, who will win goody bags, and an overall winner, whose photo will feature on the cover of our spring magazine.
There are no limits on the amount of photos that you can send for each category, so get Snap Happy. Just be sure to get your entries into us before midnight on World Animal Day (October 4th 2017). Good luck!
Terms and Conditions
[expand title=”Terms and conditions”]
Mayhew’s World Animal Day Photo Competition Terms and Conditions
- Mayhew’s World Animal Day photo competition will run from Friday 29th at 9:00am until the 4th October 2017 at midnight.
- Entrants will take a photo of their pet and can enter one or all three categories including ‘Golden Oldies’, ‘Best Selfie’ and ‘Perfect Pawtrait’. They will submit the photo via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram under the hashtag #WADcomp in order to be entered into the photo competition. British professional photographer, Rankin, will select one winner for each category, who will win a goody bag, and an overall winner, whose photo will feature on the cover of Mayhew’s spring magazine next year.
- The closing date is 4th October 2017 at midnight. Entries after this date will not be accepted.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- There is no limit to entries submitted.
- Entrants must be over the age of 13 by the 4th October 2017 to qualify for entry. Any entrant that is not 13 years of age and over will be disqualified from the photo competition.
- Entrants are not required to ‘like’ Mayhew’s Facebook page or Follow on Twitter or Instagram in order to be entered into the competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Mayhew by email, Facebook Messenger, Twitter or Instagram within one week of 4th October 2017.
- The winners will have seven days to respond in full to the email, Facebook message, Tweet or Instagram or another winner will be chosen.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- By participating in the photo competition the winners hereby agrees to allow Mayhew to use their own name, pet name where applicable, and photo to publicise the competition and win on, Mayhew Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram and in our other communications, such as our magazine and for PR purposes.
- The photo competition is not open to employees or volunteers of Mayhew.
- Spammers will be disqualified.
- Mayhew reserves the right to cancel or amend the photo competition and prize. Any changes to the photo competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Mayhew.
Check out the entries we’ve had so far below!