For over 130 years we have cared for thousands of vulnerable, lost and abandoned pets and supported their owners. With no government funding this wouldn’t have been possible without the repetitive support of our loyal and generous supporters. You have helped us continue to champion the welfare needs of pets, providing preventative treatment and find loving homes to all the animals that deserve a second chance at happiness.
Our Supporter Promise is our commitment to continuing to meet your expectations, to ensure you feel informed and that we continue to retain your trust. The future of the animals we care for is entirely dependent on each and every individual who supports Mayhew and we want to demonstrate our respect for all our supporters with our Supporter Promise.
Our Supporter Promise guarantees that when you choose to support Mayhew we will:
Adhere to the highest fundraising standards, guidance and legislation relating to our fundraising activities
- We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and fully comply with their codes of practice;
- We don’t undertake any third party fundraising activities and we will never knock on your door or make unsolicited telephone calls to you asking for donations;
- We sometimes undertake cash collections at events and at private sites such as shopping centres and tube stations. As well as collecting donations we are there to talk to our supporters and tell people about out important work. We will always have gained permission from the local authority to do so and ensure all regulations are upheld;
- We are especially careful and sensitive when engaging with vulnerable individuals and we will abide by guidance on responding to the needs of people in vulnerable circumstances.
Look after your data and protect your privacy
- We will ensure you only receive the information you have agreed to receive via the channels of communication you have shared with us;
- We ensure your personal details and donations are kept securely and comply fully with all relevant regulations including the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and the Fundraising Preference Service;
- We will only contact you by email or phone if you have provided us with these contact details and have agreed for us to do so;
- We will never share your data with external third parties for their own marketing purposes without your knowledge.
Keep you informed as to how we are spending your money
- We use every donation carefully and responsibly, putting it to work as quickly as we can;
- We will maximise the value of your donation through Gift Aid whenever we can, and subject to your eligibility and consent for us to do so;
- We can allocate gifts to specific projects, location or type of work wherever appropriate. If this is not possible we will always contact you and let you know;
- We publish our annual audited accounts and financial statements via Charity Commission and on our website.
Encourage feedback and act on it
- We will always promptly respond to any requests to change how or when we contact you
- We encourage supporters to contact us if you ever have any questions, ideas or complaints about our fundraising activities, please feel free to contact us by:
Telephone: 020 8206 5870 (Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm)
Post: The Fundraising Department, Mayhew, Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green, London, NW10 6BJ
Please remember to include your name and address. Please also include a contact telephone number so that we can call you if we need any more information to answer your questions.