We are looking for a special person who can give Zeusy a temporary foster home.
As he waits to find his forever home, we are looking for a very special foster home for five-year old American Bulldog Zeusy. This sweet, sensitive boy is intelligent and loves to please.
Find out more about rehoming Zeusy here.
Zeusy needs someone with specific experience who meets our criteria to be a foster carer volunteer, which you can find out about here.
Additionally, Zeusy is looking for someone who is prepared to foster him in the long term, over a period of at least six months or more. He wouldn't be suitable for a busy household or a house-share, and cannot live in a flat.
• Has, as an adult, owned large dogs before, ideally bull breeds
• Is strong enough to control him and active enough to exercise him on a long-line and can give him one to two hours exercise.
• Is calm and confident with the knowledge and ability to read dog body language
• Knows not to over stimulate him, how to direct his focus onto training and will reward calm behaviour
• Has no other pets or visiting dogs/pets
• Is living in a rural or semi-rural location
• Has no children or visiting children
• Lives in a calm home without too many visitors
• Drives and is prepared to travel back and forth to Mayhew during opening hours for vet treatment if needed and to meet potential adopters.
We are not in a position to respond to queries from anyone who does not suit Zeusy’s needs, so please read carefully before applying.
Please note, we are not recruiting for any other volunteer roles at present but please check back here in future.